Eyes: As pure as the gold the Franciacorta Dosaggio Zero Riserva skirts your glass with brilliant golden color.
Nose: This sprightly Zero Riserva bewitches your senses with freshening bouquet of dried tropical fruits that has a touch of toasted pastries. It is filled with an underlying soft note of honey and yellow peach.
Mouth: The soft and intense foamy effervescence honors your palate with substantial mineral flavor and leaves an enduring finish with notable but balanced acidity with a firm and concentrated core.
This dry taut wine from Lo Sparviere farm is made from 100% Chardonnay grapes that are picked manually after careful selection. These are pressed in cluster to produce a delicate and soft colored wine.
Only half of the free-run must with low pH is acquired for fermentation. About 60% of collected liquid is fermented at a low temperature of 18 degree Celsius in stainless steel vats. The remaining 40% undergoes malolactic fermentation in oak barriques to reduce the presence of acidity.
The perfect blend of Franciacorta Dosaggio Zero Riserva is then stored in a bottle with the presence of lees in it and kept for six years to let the liquor go through further maturation to make it more voluminous.
The grapes to make Franciacorta Dosaggio Zero Riserva are collected from the Lombardy region. These light-colored fruits are harvested at the third week of August and are grown on the native calcareous red-clay soil filled with silt. The vineyards are situated on east-facing hillside of Monticelli Brusati at an altitude of 180 meters yielding about 70 quintals of production per hectare.
Served slightly cold at 9 to 10 degree Celsius the forceful yet smooth taste of this liquor makes a sublime pairing with canapés of pasta brisé, cold marinated salmon, oysters and creamed cod-fish, and Parmesan cheese with a long maturation period.
Alcohol Percentage: 13% alcohol/vol
Total Acidity: 5.5 to 6 g/lit